PE and Sport Premium
In April 2013, the Government announced exciting new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport, to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision in schools. Funding was allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools with primary phase pupils from 1 September 2013. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding and must ensure that there is 'additional and sustainable improvements' to the PE they offer. They should aim to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Allocation of Sports Premium at Ridgeway
In 2020/21, our school will receive: £17,779.78. We will be carrying forward: £7654.14 from 2019/20 which provides us with a grand total of: £25,433.92.
To find out how we intend to use the PE and Sports Premium this year, please Click Here. If you have any further questions about how we spend the PE and Sports Premium, please contact Miss R Williams at email@example.com
As you will see on the Action Plan, we have once again affiliated with Derby SSP and have subscribed to the Enhanced Package. Through this package, we have a Derby SSP coach with us on a Monday in the afternoon (including lunchtime) for the whole academic year. Year 1 and Year 2 be rotating throughout the year to enjoy specialist coaching. We will also benefit from a wide range of workshops for staff along with the opportunity to join in with many festivals and events over the year. Please see below reports to show how we have been supported so far this year:
Please click on the links below to find out more about the support we received from Derby SSP in 2019/20:
PE Case Study - Active Derbyshire
We have been featured in the Active Derbyshire Case Study reviews to show how we have used the Sports Premium to support the Recovery Curriculum when children returned back to school in the Autumn Term. It really does celebrate how we have prioritised physical activity and personal wellbeing so far this year to ensure our children are ready to learn. We hope you enjoy the read!!!
Staff Views of PE at Ridgeway
We value the views of staff and use feedback to help develop PE each year. Here are some of their thoughts:
- There have been some great outside agencies supporting PE this year such as Derby SSP coaches, Yogabugs and Cycle Derby. The children have really enjoyed their sessions and have developed core skills such as balance and co-ordination
- I feel PE has been well developed this year with outside organisations involved often with staff to support the teaching. The large equipment has been made more use of this year following training too
- The physical opportunities we give to the children are good outside and it has been nice to see children attempting new challenges
Children’s Views of PE at Ridgeway
We love to ask the children about their views of PE and we try really hard to implement their ideas and suggestions. Here are some of their views:
- I really love PE and running. My favourite is racing on the field. We now include a 3 minute run at the start of each PE lesson.
- I want more toys to play with at playtime. We have used the vouchers from the Sainsbury's Stay Active campaign in previous years to purchase new playtime toys.